- Shrimps, cooked, cleaned and de-veined – About 1 lb/454 gms (I buy mine from the local grocers – saves time)
- Turmeric – about 2-3 tblsp
- Sunrise mustard powder- about 1/3rd pack (adjust according to your tolerance level)
- 6 green chillies- chopped into tiny pieces
- Cayenne pepper- 1 tsp
- Coconut milk- 1 can
- Mustard oil – 3-4 tblsp
- salt to taste
To make this
- Thaw the frozen shrimp
- Make a paste out of the mustard powder and lukewarm water
- Mix all ingredients well in a oven/microwave proof bowl
- Cook on the HI setting in the microwave for 10-12 minutes, then at 70-80% power for 5 minutes. (Mine is a 1100 Watt microwave).
- Serve hot with rice.
If you have time, then make this dish on the stove- top. Grind two medium sized onions with the chopped green chillies and fry them well in mustard oil, in a heavy bottomed pan. Then add the mix of coconut milk, mustard, cayenne, turmeric and let it cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the shrimps, adjust the consistency of the sauce with milk/water, cover the pan and let cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Enjoy with white/brown rice.